Wednesday 13 August 2014

New T-51B Titan Mustang under construction

Whilst wandering around Matamata airfield last Sunday ,I came across a open hangar and to my surprise inside was a newly under- constructed T-51 .Kiwi Mustangs Ltd operate in one of the hangars away from the operating runway and after asking permission to enter the hangar ,I met the owner of Kiwi Mustang Ltd Mike Crene who spoke about the build and was saying he is planning to have it near completion in the first quarter of 2015.I will keep an eye on Mike.s progress on the build and he did say that he may have it refinished in a WWII  colour scheme on completion.Mike has other examples of his Mustang builds in New Zealand which are flying including an example that was sold in Canada.

A view of the latest Titan Mustang with Mike Crene seen at the background.



I would like to thank Mike for allowing me to enter his workshop and place the pictures onto my blog site.

1 comment:

Sir Minty said...

This looks like the T 51B model (high turtle deck) that Mike has been building for some time